Monday, 16 June 2014

Ashford Hill

I recently had the absolute pleasure of returning to my old primary school, Ashford Hill. I went there when I was in year 1, 2 and 3 and haven't been back for about 18 years!
Aged 6 in my Ashford Hill uniform

As soon as I entered the building, I remembered the exact layout and memories came flooding back about my time there: playing the 'Mr Blobby' game with Robert, getting married to Adella on the playground, accidentally tripping Emma up, making her fall into a puddle wearing her ballet outfit (sorry Emma!). I met the secretary, Mrs Lawrence and the teacher, Mrs Yockney, who both worked at Ashford Hill when I went there, and still work there now! Mrs Yockney told me all about what my fellow classmates are now up to.

What made the day truly special, though, was meeting Mrs Curry, who taught me in year 3. She retired from teaching a while ago, but came back especially to watch my performance. At the end, she presented me with a 'merit' certificate for hard work. I received a few of these when I was 6 and 7 years old, but it was a real honour to be given one now I am 25!

This was a day I will never forget, and I am pleased to share it with you in the photos below. There are photos of me performing during my recent visit, and from my time at Ashford Hill 18 years ago. (Click on the photos to make them bigger...)

Can you spot me? Clue: look for the grumpy one...

More of a challenge here. Where I am? (Yep, the grumpy one again!)



No comments:

Post a Comment